fusible link questions

Clarence Wood clarencewood at centuryinter.net
Thu Feb 4 17:09:00 GMT 1999

  If you are referring to my original post, I have gone from a 60 amp to a 100 amp alternator.  To make sure that the original + wire from the alt. to the battery wouldn't overload, the suggestion was made (not by anybody on this list) to run another wire from the + post on the alt. to the + post on the battery.  The original suggestion was to use 14 Ga fusible link, 4ft long.  I am instead going to use 3ft 9 in of 10 Ga wire and then attach 3 in of 14 Ga fusible link.

Clarence