fusible link questions

KD6JDJ at aol.com KD6JDJ at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 02:13:52 GMT 1999

  Pat

  You have a lot to learn about charging systems , but I gauge from your

  I dont expect that there are many readers on this newsgroup who care much
about either alternators or generators -- BUT :

  The DC generators used current limiters because they could easily burn
themselfs up when their loads were too high.

  Alternators are not as sensitive to this high load problem. The stator is
the only parameter that limits the maximum available alternator output. The
field (rotor) and RPM , as well as rotor to stator clearance, will greatly
affect the alternarors performance. An alternator's regulator will 'regulate'
on voltage , not on current.

   Jerry