Newbie questions

Jim Yeagley jimyeagley at stratos.net
Fri Feb 5 20:55:45 GMT 1999

[>Will a 305 throttle body have enough cfm for my 400?

Not really, but the throttle body off of a Big Block Chevy Truck would.]

Big block, huh?  Already sounds hard to find.  I've never seen one (with
efi) in a yard.  What kind of truck would be most likely to have an efi big
block?  I used a 24' Uhaul that had a bigblock, pretty late model, but it
had a Holley carb on it.

[Ther is a device called an emulator that goes where the prom goes
that you can edit things (using a laptop), and then burn a prom.]

Ok, so that's why the prom needs read for the tables first, to load that
info into the laptop so it can act like the prom.  How much does one of
these things cost?

Thanks,

Jim