Plugs for flare fittings?

Bill the arcstarter arcstarter at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 6 13:31:07 GMT 1999

steve ravet wrote:

>If I wanted to remove the AIR pump on my V8 S-10 conversion, then I'd
>have to find some flare plugs to plug the holes in the exhaust
>manifold where the AIR connects, right?  Any suggestions on where to
>find something like that?  I've called plumbing and A/C suppliers in

Well I just used a 1/4 NPT brass pipe plug to seal off one of mine.
It's sleazy and isn't quite right, but it kept it form leaking.

 A new air injection manifold is about $25.  If you really wanted to do
it right you could just crimp off the lines...??

 My air injection manifold was NOT stainless, and rusted away...

-Bill