A little too simple

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Feb 6 18:05:09 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Onebil2mny at aol.com <Onebil2mny at aol.com>
To: DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Saturday, February 06, 1999 12:52 PM
Subject: A little too simple

 I'm Bill, and I'm a caraholic.

Hi Bill.

 The Monte was originally equipped with a TBI
>4.3L.  I have installed a 91 Caprice ECM & Prom (ECM service # 16136965)
and
>on the monitor everything seems OK, except for the MAT as the Monte was not
>originally equipped with one.  I will install on soon as I have the pin
outs,
>sensor and sensor pig tail....  I just need the terminal at the ECM.  My
>problem is what appears to be a terrible lean condition.  I am using the
4.3's
>throttle body as I was advised it should keep up.  It does appear to have
the
>same size throttle bores, and I can only assume injectors are ok....  at
least
>for Idle!  Anyhow, I have checked for the obvious, vacuum leaks, etc. but
it
>still runs lean, hesitates, backfires, etc.

As far as I kow the 6965 was only used in 350's with the 65#/hr
(Yellow/Brown) injectors.   The 91 truck  Throttle body has 55's
(orange/black).   So your jetting is way off.
  Can you get the matching injectors from the 6965?.  Other wise
just use the 747 (91 Truck) ecm if you have that.
I use the last 3 numbers of the whole ecm as an identifier, and
the color code are by the electrical connections on the injectors
If this stuff has been tinkered with then all bets are off about what
ya got.
Bruce