A little too simple

Fran and Bud quest100 at gte.net
Sat Feb 6 21:29:02 GMT 1999

I see that others have noted the 4.3 injectors as the source of the lean
condition. By the way, the color code for the 4.3 is Yellow/Blue.

As to bore size, I have other throttle bodies with the same size bores as in
my 93 PU 4.3.  According to the Production Numbers on the others they are
for 5.0 and 5.7. I have also been told by others that
they all have the same bore size.

And since injector size is at the center of this post, it brings to mind
another piece of trivia that I have been told BUT KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
ABOUT - that the code in GM ECU's includes an address that contains an
"injector factor" that is used in conjunction with the mapped data, and
which needs to be adjusted when different sized injectors are installed.
Can someone elaborate??

If this is the case then should Bill try to find out exactly what was in the
Caprice and use that size so that the ECU will match without changing
anything? - OR is this down in the "mud level" of details?