A little too simple

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Feb 7 20:42:56 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Onebil2mny at aol.com <Onebil2mny at aol.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sunday, February 07, 1999 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: A little too simple

> As to bore size, I have other throttle bodies with the same size bores as
in
> my 93 PU 4.3.  According to the Production Numbers on the others they are
> for 5.0 and 5.7. I have also been told by others that
> they all have the same bore size. >>

Yes, and the Big Blocks are 2" bore.

>I'm gonna take everybody's word on the injector size thing....  although I
am
>still a little confused.   It seemed to me that since a 4.3 is really a V6
>version of a 5.7 (same size cylinders) and the V8 computer throws in 2
extra
>pulses, the injector size would be similar.  Oops!

The injectors flow requirement is a function of how much HP the
engine makes.  They all generally run at 80% at WOT (oem applications).
This being a observed figure, on a limited number of
bins that I have run WOT on my ecm bench.

The total flow is what counts.  ie
5.7 Orn/Blks are 55#/hr
5.7 Yel/Brwn are 65
Late model Big Block 80