Digital: fuel pressure gage; boost gage

Daniel Ciobota dciobota at hiwaay.net
Mon Feb 8 00:44:26 GMT 1999

I had an autometer isolator and gauge for my mustang, and it was a
diaphragm type, but it used an antifreeze/water mixture at the gauge
end, not air.  The worst problem with those units is that they're a pain
to fill and are prone to leaking.

Cyberdyne, advertised in Jegs or Summit catalogs (not sure which), sells
a complete kit that includes an electric sender and a digital gauge
(0-100psi).  Last I checked it sold for about $80 for the complete kit.
Autometer just came out with its own electric sender and analog
electrical gauge kit, but its more, like $150 for the kit.

BTW, the #5280 isolator has just been discontinued by autometer, due to
leakage problems.  There is a new # on the market that replaces it
(#5281?).

Boost/vacuum gauges are either analog (-40/+30psi), or digital type
(can't remember off hand what brand).  There is no isolator for those,
as they're usually plumbed to an existing vacuum line or hooked to the
"dry" part of the intake.

Daniel