L-Jetronic peculiarity

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Feb 8 20:09:03 GMT 1999

Seems like the oems are more worried about severed wires,
rather than "rub throughs" causing false grounds.  Then also
might have something to do with the traces on the ecms PCB
having an equal load.  As far as all firing at the same time,
just cheaper, and doing just enough to get by.
  I've had some e-mail with others, and the SEFI, seems to be
more of an emissions issue, or for using really large injectors.
  One would think varying the timing (inj) some, would help, and there
was just the one blurb about firing injectors at 8% more than
once per crank rev.
  I can understand all this about vaporization/atomization, but
I'm getting more curious about how much the actual difference is.
Having gotten the TBI right, would be interesting to bolt on the
TPI, and see how they compare.
  Getting back to splitting them up,  might be a planned obsolense
issue.  Knowing that annual testing would be getting tighter, as
a rule, having a "slight flaw" would help seperate some folks from
their money to buy a newer car.
Bruce