L-Jetronic peculiarity

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Mon Feb 8 22:19:40 GMT 1999

-> I've had some e-mail with others, and the SEFI, seems to be
-> more of an emissions issue, or for using really large injectors. One
-> would think varying the timing (inj) some, would help, and there

 The L-Jet has a spark signal from the distributor to get RPM, but it's
not timed to the crank at all, so perhaps Bosch just drives the
injectors at some frequency high enough to make sure no cylinder goes
too long without an injection event.

 Before too long I'll have it breadboarded and I'll be able to do some
basic testing with my rather primitive equipment.

 The analog L-Jet seems awfully basic... hopefully I can't screw it up
too bad.