Diagnosis steps & tools?

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Mon Feb 8 23:02:45 GMT 1999

I replaced the O2 sensor in my case.

To clean the IAC, I used some carb cleaner and a soft cloth to remove the
carbon from the head of the pintle and the area on which it seats.  See
Bruce's post on how fragile they are.  I recommend against turning the key
to the on position with the IAC still wired up but not bolted into the
throttle body (unless you know what/why you're doing it).

Tom