fusible link questions

AL8001 at aol.com AL8001 at aol.com
Tue Feb 9 01:19:56 GMT 1999

In a message dated 99-02-08 19:47:19 EST, Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com writes:

> I have read about a
>Japanese Alt. that had a star and delta wound stator. The star had its own 6
>diode bridge and the delta had its own 6 diode bridge.

This would probably be a Mitsubishi alt.  Quite common on Chrysler 2.6 K cars
and Vans ~81- 87.  I know it has two diode bridges, but never traced out the
stator.

As for the frequency output of a alt, some diesel engines use a freq output to
drive a tach. Gm CS series alts have a regulator with a freq out for this
purpose.  By the way,  CS regulator is of the PWM style.

Someday in my spare time ( HA! ) I'll try to run a alt without diodes up to
110V.  The intended usage is for lighting and running universal motors( brush
type, such as electric drills).

Harold