fusible link questions

KD6JDJ at aol.com KD6JDJ at aol.com
Tue Feb 9 06:24:15 GMT 1999

  Tom
  I'm too lazy to measure some. And I often make mistakes when I set up
projects in my garage. I did E-mail a friend who often has data on
semiconducters. If you get any data , or data sheets, please pass on to me any
information on forward voltage drop of Si diodes. I will let you know what I
measure , or learn.

The diodes in the alternator are passing 100A or more, so even a small
increase in resistance with current can produce a significant drop.

2V at 100A seems reasonable to me. The only way to tell is to measure it
though.

--
Tom Parker

    Thanks