727 questions.

Doug Mansfield mansfield at cns.ohiou.edu
Tue Feb 9 17:59:05 GMT 1999

I would like to use a GM 727 for a custom project but hope someone may be
able to answer some questions.

The 727 is just an underhood version of the 730, right?  So I should be
able to get the MEMCAL from a 730 (four cylinder) and place into the 727?

If I do the previous, how many ref pulses per revolution will the ECM
expect to see?  Is it one pulse per rev, or is it one pulse as each
cylinder passes TDC, or 2 pulses per rev (for the four cylinder).  Also,
must I use the ESP module to do the A/D conversion or is there a simple way
to convert it to digital?  I will not be using it for spark control.

Does it use IAC or a motor for idle control?

What pressure does the fuel pump run at?

Does anyone have the addresses for the fuel tables?

It is MAP right?  I noticed a pinout that showed both MAP and MAF, what is
that about?

Thanks for any help.

Doug Mansfield
mansfield at cns.ohiou.edu