CPS for mini

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Tue Feb 9 19:30:09 GMT 1999

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Jim Davies wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 07:00:53 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jim Davies <jimd at vcc.bc.ca>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: CPS for mini
>

> On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Michael D. Porter wrote:
>
> > rpm. I would say that a thin bit of stainless probably won't cut it when
> > the clutch and/or flywheel comes apart. If it's a big clutch and
> > flywheel, 1/4" plate would be the minimum.... (!)
> >
> A 1/4 inch scattershield may work for a clutch explosion, if the
> workmanship is very good, especially the shape and the attachment
> brackets. If the flywheel disintegrates however, there is no chance it
> will protect you. KYAGB.

I'd be temped to use 1/2" aluminium. it isn't as tough as steel but
wouldn't the chunks of flywheel tend to embed themselves rather then
bouncing around ( and it's light )

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8