PROM emulation

Michael Kent mkent at polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu
Fri Feb 12 03:26:11 GMT 1999

I'm interested in trying out tuning the auto with an EPROM emulator.
What levels of success have you guy's had? What systems did you use?
I'd like to find something that I can use with a laptop, emulate a 27c256,
and not cost to much. If it could do real-time changes all the better.

This is the only inexpensive unit I could find. Don't know what to think
about getting power from the target, seems like it would be pretty hard to
start the car...

http://www.ldti.com/hom.htm

diy stuff:

http://www.concentric.net/~Sanjaya/svt/smartROM.shtml
http://www.personal.u-net.com/~paulandmark/electron/Computer/

The second link also has some EPROM programmer designs.

thanx,

MK