FI & Man Trans running-on

FHPREMACH at aol.com FHPREMACH at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 05:20:10 GMT 1999

In a message dated 2/11/99 6:55:55 PM Pacific Standard Time, vogt at oro.net
writes:

<< Every time I drive my grandfather's truck ('89 F-250, 351, 5-speed)
 there is a condition that bugs me.  When I back off the accelerator and
 put in the clutch to shift, the engine RPM stays the about the same 1-2
 sec before dropping, and it doesn't seem to drop at a very predictable
 rate. >>
I may be way off on this, but it seems like an emission related problem. I
recall a statement made some years ago about not being able to get a Vette in
CA with a 4 speed because of a momentary increase in HC or CO during the
upshifts. carburated cars used a dashpot or dampener to slow down the throttle
return for this reason. just a thought, but it might explain it.
Fred