TBI questions

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Fri Feb 12 23:47:53 GMT 1999

>>From the archives...
> GM TBI
>There is a color coding on the top of the injector, in the
>center of where the electrical connector goes, that does
>wear off, but is  the flow rate code?
>  Grn/Wht   305 CID eng  about 40 #/hr
>  Org/Blk   350 PU       about 55 #/hr
>  Yel/Brn   350 Cop Car  about 65 #/hr
>  Blu/Blk   Late BBC PU  about 80 #/hr
>  EarlyBBC PU  about 90 #/hr
>  Purple??

Now I am confused.  I have two sets of what are supposed (??) to be 80 #/Hr
BBC TBI injectors, in my hand.   One set has blue/black markings, and this
number etched into it,   GM17084304RPD.  The other set has orange/black
markings, and has this number etched into it,  GM5235206*RPD.

Are these the same?  Which one is the 80 BBC injector?  Has my parts guy
goofed up?  Anyone got some advice?

Thanks;
Walt.