UEGO sensor heater voltage

Ezra Hall ehall at together.net
Sat Feb 13 16:28:21 GMT 1999

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01BE5744.447EB5E0

  I have purchased the infamous Honda Uego sensor (P/N 36531-P07-003). I =
have
some info gleaned from this list, and patents with regards to using this
thing, but I am not sure what the heater voltage should be. Garfield's
postings say 12volts at ~1.5amps, but Ludis Langens' post on Sept 2nd, =
1998
specifies 7Volts as shown in the Honda troubleshooting manual he looked =
at.  DC resistance on my sensor is ~3.2ohms at room temp. After heating =
for ~30sec at 5 volts, then 12volts, the resistance is ~6ohms. In free =
air after heating as described the sensor puts out about 160mv, then =
starts to drop as heated further. I have not enabled a feedback loop yet =
as I want to ensure proper temp. Does anyone know what metal the heating =
element is made of so I can look up the temp coeficient and calculate =
temperature based on impedance? Or better yet, what the voltage =
requirements are?

  Any suggestions as to detail in the following SAE articles? =
(scottmo at teleport.com posted these article references on Nov 14th,1997). =
I am looking for details on calibrating the sensor and determening when =
it is safe to apply feedback to the pumping cell.

930388 A feedback A/F control system for low emissionvehicles
920234 Universal air-fuel ratio heated exhaust gas oxygensensor and =
further applications
922172 Steady state wide range air fuel ratio control
940373 Adaptive air-fuel ratio control of a spark ignitionengine
940149 Automatic control of cylinder by cylinder air fuelmixture using a =
proportional exhaust gas sensor

My intent is to use this sensor as a tuning tool for a product I am =
developing, and to potentially offer a uego sensor based product at some =
point.=20
Thanks,
 Ezra Hall   ehall at together.net

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01BE5744.447EB5E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; I have purchased the infamous Honda Uego sensor (P/N =
36531-P07-003).=20
I have<BR>some info gleaned from this list, and patents with regards to =
using=20
this<BR>thing, but I am not sure what the heater voltage should be.=20
Garfield's<BR>postings say 12volts at ~1.5amps, but Ludis Langens' post =
on Sept=20
2nd, 1998<BR>specifies 7Volts as shown in the Honda troubleshooting =
manual he=20
looked at.&nbsp; DC resistance on my sensor is ~3.2ohms at room temp. =
After=20
heating for ~30sec at 5 volts, then 12volts, the resistance is ~6ohms. =
In free=20
air after heating as described the sensor puts out about 160mv, then =
starts to=20
drop as heated further. I have not enabled a feedback loop yet as I want =
to=20
ensure proper temp. Does anyone know what metal the heating element is =
made of=20
so I can look up the temp coeficient and calculate temperature based on=20
impedance? Or better yet, what the voltage requirements are?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>&nbsp; Any suggestions as to detail =
in the=20
following SAE articles? (<A=20
href=3D"mailto:scottmo at teleport.com">scottmo at teleport.com</A> posted =
these article=20
references on Nov 14th,1997). I am looking for details on calibrating =
the sensor=20
and determening when it is safe to apply feedback to the pumping=20
cell.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>930388 A feedback A/F control system for low =
emissionvehicles</DIV>
<DIV>920234 Universal air-fuel ratio heated exhaust gas oxygensensor and =
further=20
applications</DIV>
<DIV>922172 Steady state wide range air fuel ratio control</DIV>
<DIV>940373 Adaptive air-fuel ratio control of a spark =
ignitionengine</DIV>
<DIV>940149 Automatic control of cylinder by cylinder air fuelmixture =
using a=20
proportional exhaust gas sensor</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>My intent is to use this sensor as a =
tuning tool=20
for a product I am developing, and to potentially offer a uego sensor =
based=20
product at some point. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;<FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Ezra Hall&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:ehall at together.net">ehall at together.net</A></FONT></DIV></D=