B-O-P 215 cu in V-8 question....

Michael D. Porter mdporter at rt66.com
Sun Feb 14 06:41:21 GMT 1999

JCsDOOR at aol.com wrote:

> I must have been sleeping. The dealer I work for also sells rovers I just got
> injectors
> and fuel rail off an eng. going back to bone yard. seems like I saw a manifold
> laying a roundin the back room. Ill look Monday.

Thanks, Jim... at the moment, I am just speculating... contemplating
buying a TR8 with a carbureted engine, on which the carburetor is not
doing too well... thought FI might be a simpler solution to the problem.
Someone else had suggested here a Rover manifold, which had not occurred
to me at all--I'm not on the Range Rover list. I don't have great hopes
for the Lucas fuel injection which might be installed on the
manifold--I'd much prefer to adapt domestic injection, if only for the
price advantage, and the likelihood of getting an aftermarket system
which would be programmable. But, if there is a manifold available, I am
interested... at the right price, of course. <g>

Cheers, and thanks.