1227747 TBI related (long)

Geoff Potter gpotter at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 15 13:21:45 GMT 1999

Ok, now that I've got your attention.  This is what I need:  Either I
need to get a chip programmed for 80 #/hr injectors for my engine or I
need to find a set of 57 #/hr injectors that will fit my Holley OE
replacement TBI.  Here's the engine combo:
	stock 5.7 L short block
	LT1 cam from 93 LT1 F-body
	heads:(041 casting) opened to 2.02/1.60 incl. studs and guide plates
	Holley TBI intake for above mentioned Holley TBI

I was told by Howell that a stock calibration altered for the 80 #/hr
injectors would work but I went through 3 of theirs with 0 success.
Unfortunate for me, their lead prom programmer died just before I
started talking to them and the guy that replaced him was very green.  I
lost $150 to them (non refundable).  To make a long story short, the new
guy leaned the engine out too much and the car wouldn't even pull itself
down the road.  I replaced the chip and ECM with one given to me by a
friend and the car runs great, but it's way too rich.  It just burns
mega doses of gas now.

	At this point, I'm at a loss and I don't have time to try and figure
out the tables on this ECM.  I'm open to suggestions of where to go to
get this done or if someone on the list wants to tackle it for a
reasonable fee and will back up their work with a satisfaction
guarantee, I'll give you a try.  Thanks for taking time out to read my
long mail.

	Befuddled,
	Geoff P