4 cyl engine advice needed

Xwiredtva xwiredtva at email.msn.com
Thu Feb 18 00:24:38 GMT 1999

I'll second this. The 4AGE line is a good high revving and completly capable
TRD designed race engine still in use in the Mid-Atlantic class racers. I
had my NA revved to 9600 rpm before the engine blew. Plenty of power and
without modifing the bottom end a tru 170hp is capable from them. The SC
version is a little more complicated with the Supercharger but still a
really good powerplant.

>Toyota 1.8 L 16v EFI
>or 4AGEZ SC from MR2
>use mid 80s rear drive corrolla 5sp with it
>

>> any ideas ??
>

>if you don't want to stick to a 4 the Buick 3.8 is good material

Come on clive, you can't compare a 3.8 to a 1.6 DOHC Race engine. It is a
good plant but 4cyl's scream when roosted!