4 cyl engine advice needed

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Thu Feb 18 14:37:16 GMT 1999

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:44:44 -0500
> From: Bruce Plecan <nacelp at bright.net>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: 4 cyl engine advice needed

I totaly agree with this the fuego were the worst cars I ever worked on
BUT the injection system and harness is Bosch and connects to the vehicle
harness with only 3 or 4 wires ( an exelent donor car for port efi)

> IMHO, Nissan-Toyo, good choices.
> Rotary?.
> Buick Turbo v-6 EFI
> Bruce
>
> >so I am trying to think of hot 4cyl engine/5 speed trans combos. I have
> >heard a lot about
> >the turbo fuego engine in the Renaults. who does better than a cast iron 65
> >bhp engine and 4 speed trans ? , I thought about a BMW 320i engine/trans.

The rover v8 is good ( can be a pug to work on)
toyota has exelent engines ( my fav is the 2tc -2tb engines small light
and powerful)

the mgb engine has tons of hi-po parts paeco does 112 hp engines up to
about 160 hp
(their phone # is 1-205-823-7278)

I think keeping the original engine would be a better choice

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8