Air Filter Pontiac Fiero/Firebird

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Feb 18 17:58:56 GMT 1999

Gustaf Ulander wrote:
> Do you mean it draws air from the inside of the cylinder? Sounds strange.
> A cylindrical filter would work for me too - you don't happen to know of a
> picture of this?

Imagine a regular air filter for a carburetor.  Decrease the diameter by
half, and make it four times taller.  In a Fiero, it breathes backwards
- the housing (part of the car) pipes outside air to the inside of the
filter, the throttle body is fed from the outside of the filter.

The filter is just a hollow cylinder with both ends open.  To use it,
you will need to build a housing.