STREET DYNO FREE

Daniel Ciobota dciobota at hiwaay.net
Thu Feb 18 23:03:24 GMT 1999

 Yep, the StreetDyno is Mike Glover's baby and works very well for
tuning your car or evaluating benefits of performance mods.  I gave Mike
some of my dyno runs, and after figuring out the right parameters to
enter for the code, it gave calculations very close to those I got from
professional chassis dynos.  Keep in mind that for this code to give you
correct values, you _must_ know your car's parameters very accurately,
especially in areas of actual tire diameter, weight and gearing ratios.

 To illustrate how well it works, my baseline run on the car gave me
280hp at the rear wheels, calculated by the StreetDyno.  My last
professional dyno run gave me 271 rear wheel hp, which was before a few
performance changes.  I then retarded the timing 12 degrees, and got
another run of 258rwhp.  So, his code is pretty good at picking up
tuning changes, like timing.  As soon as the weather permits, I'll do
some more testing runs with fuel pressure changes.

 Btw, the voltage divider schematic he shows works very well, especially
with laptops and recording devices, like camcorders.  I made a permanent
rca connection (unobtrusive) on my center console, so I can set up for a
dyno run any time.

Daniel