4 cyl engine advice needed

Darryl Snover dsnover at fast.net
Fri Feb 19 14:50:09 GMT 1999

I hafta chime in on these 2.6 engines:  While working full time as a
mechanic (before I started computer programming, but that is another
story<g>), I observed _way_ too many of the 2.6 Mitsu based engines with
severe head-related problems, and also more than a fair share of timing
chain related failures.  The heads usually crack in a number of places, and
so the engine will first overheat.  The Chrysler minivans with these
engines seem to fail the most (probably because of the load factor).
Cylinder heads are available at salvage yards, but it is hard to find one
that isn't cracked.  Most yards know this, too.

Just my $.02

Best,

Darryl Snover