Bosh Spark Plugs (Barelyl on topic I guess)

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Fri Feb 19 23:34:26 GMT 1999

> The laws of physics cannot be changed... A spark can only jump to 1
> electrode at a time.  Once the gap breaks down, all the current flows across
> that gap, leaving the other 3 electrodes inactive.  They are a waste of
> money.

True.

But, the advantage of the multi-electrode plugs is in how long
they last.  As one gap increases, another will break down first
etc.  With the older tri-electrode plugs, the center electrode
eventually got more triangular than circular!

As for the Bosch platinums, the original single electrode
platinums are junk - turbo motors eat the center electrode
very quickly.  Unless the center electrode is a lot bigger on
the new quad plugs, I'd stay well away.

Orin.