3 wire O2 sensor

Jeffrey T. Birt ditto at ipa.net
Sat Feb 20 00:42:24 GMT 1999

d houlton x0710 wrote:

> Just get a generic 3-wire with no connector.  Just bare wires.  Cut
> the connector off your old sensor (or go to Pep Boys and get a new one) and
> splice it on the new sensor.  Use solder and heat shrink tubing and you
> shouldn't have a problem.
>
> --Dan

This is what I want to do.  But where do I find such a sensor, or more
correctly, what type of vehicle would have a cheaper 3 wire sensor.  You know
how most of the guys are at parts counters, they can't cross reference
anything.  If they can't find it by typing the vehicle info into their computer
they are lost.  BTW, the problem was not finding the weather pak connector
(although I did not realize that they were so readily available), I just
thought that $70 or $80 was a lot to pay for a three wire sensor just because
it had that type of connector.

Thanks for your replies, I'll see what I can find in town tomorrow.

Jeff Birt