Bosh Spark Plugs (Barelyl on topic I guess)

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Feb 20 01:53:10 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond C Drouillard <cosmic.ray at juno.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, February 19, 1999 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: Bosh Spark Plugs (Barelyl on topic I guess)

Trouble is that each addition electrode masks the chamber from the sparks
energy, and slows the intial reaction.
Kinda like a surface gap, type plug, while they have there place, it's in a
few
rather than many applications.
Also, if blown out may take too long to restart the arc, and a miss occurs.
Again, my theory,
Often plugs wear out from deposits collecting on the porcelain rather than
erosion, and air gap increases.  Autolite would have to rate as a low
erosion
rate plug, even in the steel form......
Bruce
   Doc don't care how long they last, so long as they perform <g>.