STREET DYNO FREE

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Sun Feb 21 06:14:06 GMT 1999

In a message dated 2/21/99 1:02:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dciobota at hiwaay.net writes:

> I built one from Mike's instructions, took me a whopping 30 minutes to
>  solder everything together and install and rca female jack in my center
>  console.  Like I mentioned before, it works great, I use my camcorder to
>  record runs and the code accepts it perfectly.  I think the whole thing
>  cost me about $8 at Radio shack, including a package of rca jacks and
>  some 18 gauge wire.  No messing with inductive pickups, and the whole
>  thing is plug-and-record.
>
>  Daniel

I just built an inductive pickup using the instructions from the "HomeDyno"
sight.  I already had a detachable pickup from my timing light so it didn't
cost me much.  BUT it didn't work.  The signal looks good and clean in the
signal processing software, but apparently it just doesn't work with the
"Street Dyno".  I don't know why.
I have DIS so there is no 'negative side of the coil' for me to hook into.  I
am going to try again tomorrow by hooking into the tachometer lead.
But don't even bother with the inductive pickup unless you know something I
don't (which is quite probable!)

Ted