Venturi Fuel Injection

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Sun Feb 21 18:38:17 GMT 1999

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Robert Harris wrote:

> We now interrupt your regularly scheduled tirades to bring you news of
> something very new and yet very old.   BG systems has taken the carb to a new
> high by essentially replacing the float bowl with a low pressure injection
> system.  Fuel at up to 18 PSI is squirted thru the jets and into the
> venturi's.
>
> The result is all the excellent fuel atomization that a proper venturi system
> gives combined with the precision of electronic fuel injection.   Blurb in
> March, Popular Hot Rodding - more to follow.

Back to the future again. The Injection Carb is re-invented. Check Bendix
service literature from the 1040s and 1950s on how it works. I always
thought that Rochester TBI was just an electronic update of Injection
Carbs.

One advantage of ICs is that you can pull negative Gs without flooding the
engine. Just the thing when you want to follow a Me109 into a power-dive.

Seriously, injection-carburators solved some real problems with high perf
piston engines in aircraft and duplicated most FI advantages at a fraction
of the cost.