ECM wiring harness help

Peter Fenske pfenske at bcit.bc.ca
Tue Feb 23 07:14:47 GMT 1999

Hi Bud

I am sure the manifold is different on the 99 to 93. Bolt angles different
You should be able to visually confirm this.
With the 97 just a matter of hooking up the 92 3.1 F body stuff
and using a older ecm controlled dist.

:peter

I am not sure either if a 99 is different from the 97 either.

Peter,(0r DIY List)
I have found a low mileage "98" 4.3 as a replacement for my "93" C1500
4.3.(160,000 mi.)
I plan to use the "93" TBI as is on the "98" but was warned by Chev parts
guy that subtle differences in engine years may cause problems. Does anyone
know of any hidden Gotcha's???

Also does anyone know if there is anything that would interfere with using
new "99" cylinder heads.

It should be a couple of no-brainer's, but the factory has been known to
slip in a sneaky thing or two.
Bud
-