injector size and bin questions

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Tue Feb 23 18:17:49 GMT 1999

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Doug Mansfield wrote:

> First fuel injector size:
>
> What conditions are fuel injectors rated under.  If it is rated for
> 35lbs/hr, what fuel pressure and air pressure are these rated at?

The answer is it varies.  Each manufactures seems to rate them under
slightly different fuel pressure.  I think they all use air pressure
as the outside pressure, and realisticly there is not going to be a
big flow difference between the lowest and highest air pressure.
Probably not enough to even matter.

> Binaries:
>
> Do the rom dumps from the GM ECMs contain both the "program" and the "data"?

Generally yes, mine (93 Lt1 in a Z28) has 0x8000 is data, 0x9000 is
blank (extra potential data mabye?), and 0xA000-0xFFFF is program
(0x0000 on the 32kB rom maps to 0x8000).  On some of the bigger newer
ECMS I have heard that there are often several proms, and with some
even having 2 or more computers.  I am pretty sure mine also has a ABS
computer, but I don't know where it is, or if it even has a removable
prom.

					Roger