injector size and bin questions

Van Setten, Tim (AZ75) Tim.Van.Setten at CAS.honeywell.com
Tue Feb 23 20:19:37 GMT 1999

> >What conditions are fuel injectors rated under.  If it is rated for
> >35lbs/hr, what fuel pressure and air pressure are these rated at?

	My question is what specfic gravity of fuel are "They" using as a
standard and what are "They" using for the weight of the fuel?  I have seen
some using anywhere from 5.5 lb to 6 lb. per gal.

> Also-- They are usually rated based on their flow at an 85% duty cycle:
> Flow is measured at 85% duty cycle, then multiplied by 1/.85 to arrive at
> the rated flow.

Sorry, I have to ask why would you flow an injector at 85%, then multiply by
.85???   Wouldn't it be easier to flow it at 100% then multiply by 85%?
Tim