Plasma Jet Ignition/TIG setup

Chad Clendening clendenc at execpc.com
Wed Feb 24 01:24:03 GMT 1999

I took at the guts of a 175 amp Lincoln TIG.  It appears to use a series
transformer to put the high frequency on top of the AC / DC source for
welding.  It has a circuit board about a foot by a foot with a portion of the
circuitry siliconed over to control everything.

This unit had several SCR's or triac's, don't know exactly what they are used
for.

Chad