MAF meters and open-loop.

Chris Conlon synchris at ricochet.net
Wed Feb 24 19:17:27 GMT 1999

At 08:51 AM 2/24/99 -0700, Daniel Houlton wrote:

>LM3914) with the 10 LEDs.  When driving under boost (about 5 or 6
>psi) if I keep the throttle under about 3/4, the meter shows a
>slightly rich condition.  But somewhere just after 3/4 throttle,
>the meter drops completely off (full lean).

Without going into a lot more detail...
Partial/slight/intermittent rich misfire?
Timing very retarded, due to WOT switch or knock sensor?

Other possibly helpful diagnostic details:
Does the engine still make good power under this condition?
Do you get detonation / do you have a knock sensor?
Does your turbo manifold glow red after a hard run?

   Chris C.