MAF meters and open-loop.

Daniel Houlton houlster at user2.inficad.com
Wed Feb 24 20:17:25 GMT 1999

Gary Derian wrote:

> Have you saturated the meter?

Haven't been monitoring the output of the meter, but now that
you mention it, that very well could be it.  If the meter is
saturated, then it's not giving an accurate measurement and I
could be ingesting a lot more air than the meter says.  Closed-
loop could make up for this but the moment it goes to open loop,
it becomes too lean.

I'll hook up a meter and watch this.  Also, I did monitor my MAF
once before I had the turbo on and it seemed to put out a voltage
signal based on load between 1 and 5 volts with 5 being the
highest load voltage.  So maybe it is stopping at 5 volts and
can't go any higher with more air flowing through it?

--Dan