OBD II guys

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Thu Feb 25 17:00:43 GMT 1999

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Guenther,Max wrote:

> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:19:56 -0500
> From: Guenther,Max <Mguenther at ASCO.COM>
> To: "'diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu'"
     <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject: RE: OBD II guys
>
> I might be crazy, but if GM can open your door lock and tell where you
> are from a satellite, how far away can it be that they will be able to
> tell what your car is doing at anytime(I know sending is different from
> receiving, but half the technology is there, right now).  I was told
> they are working on a way to fix your memcal from the sky(via
> satellite).
> Max

It would really SUCK if they can tell what your cars is doing, I routinely
speed (~50K over). It could make GM extra money, lets say they (gm) get
1% of speeding fines.. At long last freedom from photo radar, speed traps your
car could just rat you out..

I think it is possible that someone at gm has thought about this

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8