Covert Data Logging was--->OBD II guys

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Thu Feb 25 19:58:31 GMT 1999

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Jim Davies wrote:

> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:53:31 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jim Davies <jimd at vcc.bc.ca>
> To: "'diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu'"
     <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject: RE: Covert Data Logging was--->OBD II guys
>

> On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Kurek, Larry wrote:
>
> > would do. Just think of when they combine GPS, data logging, and telemetry.
> > Hell, break the speed limit and a ticket just shows up. Even worse, the top
>
> Apparently they already do this on european autobahns...pay a toll, drive,
> stop and pay a toll...minion reads the time stamp and calculates the
> speed. If too fast, they wave over a polizei to present a speeding ticket.

what is scary is if the police can shutyou down how long until the bad
guys do this ?

picture this: you and your favourite car going down the road
when puff the car dies you step out and someone hijacks your car

or worse yet: your wife/daughter/girlfriend on the same road ...

If this is going to happen will what we do be illegal (a felony)
and will it be a required retofit???

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8