OBD II guys

AL8001 at aol.com AL8001 at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 01:55:30 GMT 1999

In a message dated 99-02-25 10:35:59 EST, Mguenther at ASCO.COM writes:

>I might be crazy, but if GM can open your door lock and tell where you
>are from a satellite, how far away can it be that they will be able to
>tell what your car is doing at anytime(I know sending is different from
>receiving, but half the technology is there, right now).  I was told
>they are working on a way to fix your memcal from the sky(via
>satellite).
>Max

I've been told part of the OBD III standard includes a way to disable a car
remotely for emissions purposes.

As for data recording, I know a GM air bag module will record up to 6 crash
events in memory to prove the air bag did deploy.  A mid 90's BMW ( 7 series ?
) will record a engine over rev, even though the ECM has a fuel cutoff
revlimiter.

Harold