OBD II guys

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Feb 26 03:20:58 GMT 1999

> As for data recording, I know a GM air bag module will record up to 6 crash
> events in memory to prove the air bag did deploy.  A mid 90's BMW ( 7 series ?
> ) will record a engine over rev, even though the ECM has a fuel cutoff
> revlimiter.

Early 90's 735il's had this "feature" as well.  I had leased
such a beast (awesome road car BTW) in 1991 and upon taking
it in for its third or fourth oil change, they pointed out I
had blasted past redline three times, and warned me that
this could violate the engine's warranty.  I argued and said
"That's what the rev limiter is for - to protect the
engine", but the service guy insisted he was in the right.
Not in the paperwork, too bad.  But, still, the point is I
brought the car in, they knew I had pegged the tach three
times.

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com
1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)