Boost/Injectors...was "MAF..."

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 04:23:46 GMT 1999

To lower your boost, you may want to modify the wastegate rod
if it doesn't already have a threaded clevis thingy on it.
 If it has one already, turn it so it lengthens the rod a little
and go for a thunder-run to see how much it lowered the
boost..  Also, the source for your boost signal can play a
 part in the resulting boost numbers.  If the "signal" line
is plumbed to the intake manifold, the engine is likely to
see more boost than if you plumb it to the compressor outlet.
This is even more so when an intercooler is present.
Mike V