motorcycle EFI

George Gorman george_gorman at aapl.com.au
Fri Feb 26 04:49:14 GMT 1999

Hello everyone,

Have been lurking for a while...hello to the guys at orbital and soanar

Can anyone tell me why large capacity 4 cylinder 4 stroke motorbikes (eg
ZX9)are carby (excepting the 1999 GSXR750) while large twins (eg ducati
TL1000) tend to be EFI?

Are there any advantages to changing the carb setup on my 1988 GSXR 750 to
EFI?

And a dumb question - how many times per engine revolution does an injector
fire? If it's only once, wouldn't you get a non homogenous mixture in your
cylinder? Or do you get good mixing /atomisation from the compression at TDC?

George Patrick Gorman

Mechanical Engineer
Australian Arrow P/L  Ph (03) 9785 0853  Fax (03) 9775 0477
65 Lathams Rd, Carrum Downs
Victoria, Australia 3201
george_gorman at aapl.com.au