[Fwd: Speedo Transducer]

Dennis Bell beltec at a.crl.com
Fri Feb 26 07:22:28 GMT 1999

--------------1757290667EFC8D18CCCED1B

Maybe others on the list can use this info.

--------------1757290667EFC8D18CCCED1B

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:19:02 -0800
From: Dennis Bell <beltec at a.crl.com>
To: heinz at bytedesigns.com
Subject: Speedo Transducer

Heinz,

    Try United Speedometer & Instrument, 2431 University Ave,
Riverside, CA  92507,
800-877-4798

They sell a line of in-line speedometer transducers. The unit has three
wires, ground, power (4.5 - 24 Volts) and output (open drain, closure to
ground 20 ma. max). These provide 16 pulses per revolution (actually a
square wave). I've used one for a vehicle speed sensor on an EFI
conversion. I had to build a divider to change the 16 pulses to 2 pulses
per revolution for my application.

HTH

Dennis