MAF meters and open-loop.

d houlton x0710 tc75918 at hpra5.msc.az.boeing.com
Fri Feb 26 16:27:32 GMT 1999

Tom Sharpe wrote:

> Have you exceeded the injector/fuel capacity (pulse width?)  Tom  s

I'm pretty sure not in this case.  Like I said, the mix is rich until
the WOT switch kicks in and changes the computer to open-loop.

I've done some further testing too by pulling a pin in one of wiring
harness connectors that prevents the computer from ever seeing the WOT
switch.  It still sees idle and off-idle correctly, just not the WOT
that comes on about 3/4 throttle.

In this case, the mixture doesn't seem to be as rich at moderate load,
but hovers right around stoich.  But if I floor it, it doesn't instantly
go completely lean .  It stays where it is and gradually goes lean as the
boost and rpm's rise.

So yes, I believe from this (and the math calcs definitely back this
up) that my injectors are (way) too small and I run out of fuel
capacity/duty cycle, but the sharp drop off in A/F mix at WOT is due to
the ECM switch over to open-loop mode.

--Dan