Boost/Injectors...was "MAF..."

Jason_Leone at amat.com Jason_Leone at amat.com
Fri Feb 26 18:13:05 GMT 1999

<<Why not just decrease your compression ratio by either shaving the tops
of your pistons or increasing your head gasket?  This why you'll be able
to keep the higher boost and depending on how much you decrease your
compression ratio, possibly increase the amount of boost.>>

That's what I did. I had Mordy at Gasketworks ( http://www.headgasket.com/ )make
me a custom VW VR6 copper headgasket. He took the pattern off of an OEM gasket,
and CNC water-cut me a .095" THK copper one. Quality is great, and all the
coolant ports and oil galleys are well done. Price was very good. Lowers my
stock static 10:1 CR down to ~9:1. Together w/ an O-ringed head, and Raceware
head studs...it makes for a 15psi capable VW VR6 w/ stock cast pistons/rods.

The alternative was to spend $1700+ on a custom JE forged 9:1 slug set and
custom Crower forged rods (or Titanium rods). Then boost could go up to 21psi
(440hp). That' a bit on the lunatic fringe for a FWD car. Good for 11.55 ETs
though! Doh!

Jason
'93 SLC