EFI, MAF & turbos: Update

Padgett 0sirius padgett at gdi.net
Sun Feb 28 17:02:33 GMT 1999

> My stock EFI is sequential port injection.  According to Corky
>Bell, most (all?) seqential systems revert to non-sequential at 3000
>rpm.  Could this somehow be related to my WOT/full lean problem below
>3K that I originally asked about?  How can I tell if my EFI is indeed
>switching to non-sequential at 3K?

First thought would be to use an O'scope. Connect the first injector to
fire to X and the middle one (to maximise spread) to Y. If sequential,
should have an "L" pattern, horizontal when X fires, Vert when Y. If
reversion is to simultaneous fire, trace would be a single diagonal.

Considering the cycle times, it probably makes sense, modern engines do not
expect to cruise over 3,000 anyway.
      	A. Padgett Peterson, P.E. Cybernetic Psychophysicist
 Anti-Virus, Cryptographics, & Antique Radio Researcher
http://www.freivald.org/~padgett/index.html
 mailto:padgett at gdi.net     PGP 5.5 Key on request