Speed Sensor

Benjamin Marsh bmarsh at turing.une.edu.au
Sun Feb 28 23:41:51 GMT 1999

The L-jet in my Soob is giving a fault code 33 which corresponds to
a speed sensor in the workshop manual - I have pulled the dash out to
try and find it. The closest thing I can find is a 3" long plastic
strip with metal tabs at each end and a thing in the middle that kinda
looks like a high voltage light bulb. Is this the speed sensor? ii so
will just replacing it fix the problem or is the speed sensor somewhere
else that I haven't looked.

When driving at moderate load I can feel the car slightly shudder and
then the ECS light comes on - is the speed sensor at fault or is it
a sort of limp home mode thing on the comp? The car feels to go a lot
better when the ECS light is off rather than on...

Car is a 1987 Leone RX Turbo
Ben