replace an EPROM with an EEPROM?

Chad Clendening clendenc at execpc.com
Mon Feb 1 01:30:25 GMT 1999

I used a 28C256 ( 28 pin 32Kx8 EEPROM chip) in place of a 2764 in an ECM.  I was
lucky as the board had the unused pins of the 2764 pulled high ( /WE and the
highest 1 or 2 address lines of the 28C256.) I believe the only odd thing I did
was to load the program at 2 differant offsets to get it right.  This worked fine
once the offset was correct.  You shouldn't have to play with offsets if you are
using the same size of chips.  Just get the pinout correct when making the
adapter.

I did put ZIF sockets into this ECM as the original chips were soldered in.  No
more bending of leads.

Chad