Love This

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Mon Feb 1 03:36:25 GMT 1999

ron.boley wrote:

> Adding to Rogers comments,
>
> I would drive the pump in a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) mode such that
> I can control the pressure.  If we flip it around and I can control the
> fuel pressure the engine controller can keep the Fuel Injector pulse
> width fixed for longer periods of time.  While its not what I would do
> with the faster CPU's these days it might make for a less expensive
> engine controller which appeals to the marketing people
>
> Ron

1. Raise fuel pressure with RPM (to lower pulse width) to get more capacity from
small injectors. 2. Allow heat in rails to heat fuel for better vaporization and
economy under cruse conditions.3. Reduce load on electrical system when not WOT
(better economy).

How do you PWM a 15 amp load??? Someone design a circuit please. Can the driver
board be mase to work??

TIA  TOM